Scottsdale, Ariz.—This year CNA National is celebrating the 20th anniversary of its purchase by CNA, one of the nation’s oldest and largest insurance companies. Originally named Western National Warranty Corporation, the company in 1995 was 94-people strong focused on a single product—the vehicle service contract. Today, CNAN is a major player in the automotive finance and insurance (F&I) industry with a solid reputation for customer service, multiple products, and a record 18 Dealers’ Choice Awards.
“The purchase strengthened our position within the F&I industry,” said Joe Becker, president and chief executive officer. “Since the company’s founding in 1982, we’ve differentiated ourselves by delivering top-line customer service and products. Having the financial and administrative backing of a century-old corporation only enhanced our capabilities and offerings.”
“CNA has been the proud owner of CNA National for 20 years,” said Brian J. Loebach, senior vice president of CNA Warranty and Alternative Risks. “CNAN’s unwavering commitment to delivering an exceptional customer experience is a key attribute of CNA’s winning proposition. The company continues to be a great ambassador of the CNA and CNA Warranty brand.”
Here are a few examples of how CNA National has grown since the purchase:
- The size of the staff has more than doubled.
- The number of products offered has expanded beyond vehicles service contracts to include GAP waivers, tire-and-wheel protection, and warranties.
- The number of active contracts has risen by more than two million.
- The average number of claims initiated in a week has quadrupled.
- The average amount of claims paid in a month has increased by over $15 million.